Several pages on the COMPASS of Larimer County website were updated last week:
- There was a 31.5% decrease in the number of substantiated Child Abuse reports last year (2011) in Larimer County over the previous year.
- In Larimer County, the most common type of Out-of-Home Placement in FY2011 was family foster homes, averaging 83 children at an average monthly cost of $1,473 per child.
- Last year (2011), 1,685 households received Section 8 (Housing Choice) vouchers. As of March 2012, there were nearly 3,500 families on the waiting list for Federally Subsidized Housing.
- Public Transportation ridership was up 6.0% in Fort Collins last year, compared to a 2.6% increase in Loveland.
- Over the last decade, Recycling at the Larimer County Landfill increased nearly 44%.
- The amount of Solid Waste collected at the landfill decreased approximately 22% between 2002 and 2011.
- Wind Energy Consumption in Fort Collins, Loveland, and Estes Park saw large increases between 2006 and 2009. Since 2009, wind energy consumption has leveled off in all 3 communities.